Advantech Launches Dual-port EtherCAT Motion Control PCI Master Card
Advantech (2395.TW), a leading global provider of intelligent systems and platform solutions, is pleased to announce the launch of its high-end, 32-axis EtherCAT motion and I/O master card. The PCI-1203 is a PC-based, two-port EtherCAT PCI card with extra-quick cycle times. For the EtherCAT motion port it’s a fast 500 μs for up to 32 servo axes, and cycle time for the EtherCAT fast I/O port is even faster—a blazing 200μs.
The PCI-1203 delivers guaranteed performance with no packet loss, independent of computing platform. Users can take advantage of the “Common Motion API” architecture, which is a unified user programming interface and graphical utility focused on motion control. For real-time performance, the PCI-1203 also provides the Advantech Real-time Enhanced Script (ARES) tool, which allows the user to load control logic into the PCI-1203 ARM space; this reduces PC CPU load, and bypasses all OS delay effects.
The easy-to-use Advantech motion SDK makes for rapid application development. With PCI-1203, there is no need to be familiar with any complicated EtherCAT protocol. And slave devices can be connected directly, without using ESI files; this Plug and Play functionality further reduces development time.
The user can add customized control logic algorithms to the real-time kernel and can fully leverage powerful, “embedded-only” features for real-time applications by using the ARES tool, mentioned above.
1. On-the-fly trajectory planning and conditional logic control
2. Consistent timing behavior; solid predictability
3. Robust and reliable Ethernet-based motion control, independent of computing platform
SoftMotion Engine w/ Vertical Functionality API
The supplied software tools let you expand and tweak functions to serve all kinds of industrial applications. Drive innovation by focusing on a vertical market to solve machine maker’s pain points.
Target Markets / Applications
This precision synchronized EtherCAT solution targets high-axis and big data I/O applications.
- High-speed pick and place sorter
- Wire bonding, die bonding machines
- Semiconductor: IC testing or semiconductor packing machine
- Machinery: tube bending, F&B processing and packaging
- Programming: VC/VB/VB.NET/C#/BCB/LabVIEW
- Software Suite: Webaccess/MotionS
- OS: Windows x86/x64
Accessories & Options
- AMAX-3285IO: EtherCAT pulse motion slave w/ 16DI & 16DO
- AMAX-4830: EtherCAT I/O slave (16DI/16DO)
- AMAX-4833: EtherCAT I/O slave (32DI)
- AMAX-4834: EtherCAT I/O slave (32DO)
- Motion master cycle time: 500 μs for 6/10/16/32 axes
- I/O master cycle time: 200 μs
- Embedded RTOS for real-time motion control
- User-friendly basic script for stored procedures
Ease of Use
- Unified API for rapid development
- SoftMotion Engine for vertical applications
- Supports versatile EtherCAT servo/stepping motors
- Pulse train control via EtherCAT motion module
- Automatic, PnP connection of EtherCAT slaves throughout the network