PCI-16032-port RS-232 Current-loop PCI Communication Card with Isolation Protection
- Two independent RS-232 or Current-loop serial ports
- Each port can be individually configured to RS-232 or current-loop
- 16PCI952 FIFO UART (128-byte FIFO)
- PCI bus specification 2.2 compliant
- Current-loop: 57.6 kbps RS-232: 50 bps ~ 230.4 kbps Speeds:
- I/O address automatically assigned by PCI Plug & Play
- OS supported: Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP/XP Embedded, Linux
- Interrupt status register for increased performance
- Powerful and easy-to use utility (ICOM Tools)
- Universal PCI (Supports 3.3 V or 5 V PCI bus signal)
PCI-1603 offers a versatile range of high-speed interfacing options. You can switch its ports between the popular RS-232 or noise-resistant current-loop. The card utilizes 16PCI952 UARTs with 128-byte FIFO buffer for faster and more reliable communication, especially under multi-tasking environments such as Windows operating systems.
The card utilizes 16PCI952 UART that buffers data into packets before sending it to the bus. This drastically reduces CPU load and avoids data loss when the system is busy and cannot process an interrupt quickly. These FIFO buffers make the PCI-1603 especially suitable for high speed serial I/O under Windows.
|Network||Cable Connector Type||–|