Advantech Launches Dual-port GigE Vision Platform with PWM Light Control and IP40 rating
Advantech (2395.TW), a leading global provider of intelligent systems and platform solutions, is pleased to announce the launch of the VPS-3100, a compact, rugged vision system powered by a 4-core Intel® N3160 processor. Two independent Gigabit Ethernet ports provide for dual GigE Vision device connections with data transfer rates up to 2.0 Gb/s for super robust and reliable machine vision applications.
The VPS-3100 supports dual channel PWM lighting control, and offers PoE (power over Ethernet), ToE (Trigger over Ethernet), and dedicated FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) delivers GoE (GigE Vision Offload Engine) that reduces the CPU workload significantly. The combination of PoE and ToE provides the single cable solution (data, power, and triggering) to simplify system installation and reduce maintenance effort. Featuring powerful and flexible isolated digital I/O, and compact size (total volume less than 0.9 liter), the VPS-3100 is an excellent embedded system for machine vision.
Compact and Rugged
With an IP40 rating, the VPS-3100 is at home in rough environments; high humidity, dust, and corrosive atmospheres don’t bother it.
Robust and Reliable
The dedicated coprocessor (FPGA) reconstructs images before transmitting them in real time to the host PC via DMA (Direct Memory Access); it frees up the host PC processor and ensures zero frame or packet loss during image acquisition and transmission.
Ease of Use
Featuring ad hoc networking, the connection between GigE Vision cameras and VPS-3100 are self-configuring, and user-defined IP addresses are no longer necessary. Furthermore, VPS-3100 supports a PoE and ToE single-cable solution, significantly reducing the installation and maintenance cost and effort.
Machine and factory automation in electronics, semiconductors and Food & Beverage packaging Medical imaging and life sciences.
- Identification, traceability
- Alignment, guidance
- Software Suite: Advantech Webaccess/EzBuilder
- OS: Windows x86/x64
- Camera connections: 2 x GigE Vision, supports PoE, 15.4W per channel
- Lighting control: 2 x PWM
- Digital input: 2 x trigger input, supports debouncer and interrupt
- Digital output: 4 x trigger output, supports trigger delay and pulse width
- Display out: 1 x DP++, 1 x VGA
- LAN: 1 x i210IT Gigabit LAN
- USB: 2 x USB 3.0
- Serial: 1 x RS-232/422/485; 1 x RS-232
- Built-in, dual-channel PWM light control
- Single cable solution, Trigger over Ethernet (ToE) and Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Palm-size, 137 (W) x 50 (H) x 118mm (D)
- Includes 1K bit EEPROM for customer programming